Bike the Trail is a family fun event for all ages and the well-being of all our participants is our priority. The below rules are here to ensure your safety.
- All participants must wear a bike helmet during the event.
- Any participants under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Participants must carry any personal medication that may be required (e.g. inhalers).
- All participants aged 16 or over, or those riding alone, must carry some form of identification (e.g. driver’s license or any card with the participant’s name on it). This is so that event staff can identify participants and their emergency contacts, should it be necessary to do so.
- Follow the instructions of marshals, event officials and emergency services.
- No dogs are to be accompanying groups on the trail. This is for the safety of all participants, given the number of bikes on the trail on the day.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that their bikes are in a good condition to ride.
- In the event of a major earthquake or Civil Defence emergency, please abandon the event and follow your own family emergency plan and Civil Defence instructions.
- The Hutt River Trail is open to the public during this event. Please ride respectfully and be considerate of other trail users. Give riders space when passing, and be aware of your surroundings.
- We recommend that participants carry a phone, sunblock, water, clothing for varying weather conditions, a pump and spare tube and some snacks.